Sam Junctional Tourniquet
The SAM Junctional Tourniquet (SJT) NSN: 6515-01-618-7475, is designed to control hemorrhages and bleeding in inguinal or axilla areas. Where standard tourniquets may not be applicable, the SJT can be applied in under 25 seconds, controlling bleeding and immobilizing pelvic fractures. The Patented SAM AUTO-STOP buckle acts to ensure all slack is removed prior to TCD inflation. Once optimal compressive force is reached, two prongs activate, clicking to confirm correct application. The buckle is secured in place with its Velcro system strap. The SJT’s Target Compression Device (TCD) quickly inflates with a removable hand pump or any luer lock syringe, minimizing blood loss. Two TCDs can be used to occlude blood flow bilaterally.
Sam Junctional Tourniquet Features:
- Each patented autostop buckle is individually tested to ensure that it engages at the correct force.
- A low-friction plastic covering on the back side of the sling allows it to slide easily beneath the victim, with or without a backboard.
- Soft interior fabric prevents unnecessary discomfort.
- Velcro friendly exterior allows quick and easy fastening once the autostop buckle engages.
- Vapor-permeable belt prevents skin irritation and odor.
- Pressure on skin does not exceed 32 mm of mercury, protecting skin from pressure damage. Except for two small metal springs in the buckle
- X-ray translucent
- Unaffected by altitude or temperature
- Inflates with pump or luar lock syringe
- NSN: 6515-01-618-7475
- Made in the USA
- Strap Length: 51" in. - Buckle to buckle
- Closed in pouch:
- Width: 9" in.
- Diameter: 5" in.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs