CAT Combat Application Tourniquet - GEN7 Orange
North American Rescue Patented Generation 7 CAT Tourniquet NSN# 6515-01-521-7976. The Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) Generation 7 is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the CAT completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The CAT tourniquet utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The C-A-T’s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The innovations in the CAT are protected by U.S. Patent No. 7,842,067 and 7,892,253.
Watch more videos by clicking the green video tab above.
CAT Combat Application Tourniquet Features:
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- A true 1 ½” constricting band for increased constricting pressure and patient comfort.
- Featuring NAR's Red Tip Technology with a red elliptical tip to assist user in locating and threading during application.
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application.
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Color: Orange (Want Black or Blue?) Click Here
- NSN# 6515-01-521-7976