Curaplex Halo Occlusive Vent Chest Seal is an effective option for creating an occlusive, yet ventable seal for chest trauma which could lead to pneumothorax.
In the heat of battle, the Curaplex Halo Occlusive Seal can make the difference in saving lives. The Curaplex Halo Seal is the essential choice for managing penetrating chest trauma when time is of critical importance. Ideal for the treatment of open pneumothorax, the Curaplex Halo Seal also prevents the development of tension pneumothorax resulting from gunshots, stab wounds, or other chest injuries. The Curaplex Halo Seal is specifically designed for casualties with excessive bleeding, heavy perspiration, or very wet and extreme environments. A highly-aggressive hydrogel enables the Curaplex Halo Seal to conform and adhere to all contours of the body and also prevents further contamination of the injury.
Studies have shown that penetrating chest wounds should be treated with vented seals that reduce air pressure on the chest cavity, thus removing the threat of lung collapse. The HALO VENT works by preventing a valve from forming in the chest cavity and allowing air to enter and exit the body at a normal rate.
- Latex free
- Packaged in twos for treatment of both entrance and exit wounds
- Creates an occlusive seal around wound
- Provides total occlusion – even with excessive blood, dirt, or heavy perspiration present
- 1 - Non-vented design for exit wounds
- 1 - Vented design for entry wounds
- Easy to apply in battlefield situations and in the heat of the moment
- Large pull tabs facilitate removal or venting of wound
- Reseals after venting
- Durable protective packaging
- Integrity is maintained when folded
- Performs in temperature range under 32°F to over 140°F
- Made in the USA
- Dimensions: 6.5” x 5.5”
- Sold 2 Per Pack - (1 vented and 1 non-vented)