CMI Quick Escape Descender is the first revolutionary idea on personal escape devices in years. When sliding down a rope, the natural instinct is to squeeze the rope to slow or stop the descent. We took this natural instinct and built it into the QXD. Unlike other devices, the QXD is designed to be used with a gloved hand and the natural instinct of squeezing the rope stops or slows the descent. This pays off in additional safety under trying conditions. Works with 8mm to 10mm escape lines.
- Tensile Strength: 11,500 lbf. (511 kN)
- Works with 8mm 10mm escape lines
- Color: Red
- Meets NFPA Strength Specifications for Escape Descenders.
- Length: 5.75" inches. (144 mm)
- Width: 1.75" inches. (44 mm)
- Height: .5" inches (12.7 mm)
- Weight: 4 oz. ( 117 g)