Celox A hemostatic application Plunger system NSN# 6510-01-623-9943 provides 6g's of chitosan hemostatic granules by a barrel and plunger means, for arterial and venous bleeding in gunshot or stab wounds. The first high-speed hemostatic delivery system for gunshot, blast, or stab wounds. The applicator was designed to give the caregiver a simple and effective tool to apply Celox to the source of severely bleeding wounds. When placed directly into a bleeding wound and subjected to pressure CELOX absorbs blood and forms an adhesive gel that seals the wound to stop the flow of blood. Celox has repeatedly and reliably demonstrated the ability to stop arterial bleeding in independent US Navy severe bleeding tests(1). In a published 2011 comparison(2), Celox-A outperformed Combat Gauze in a lethal penetrating trauma model in both Initial Hemostasis and Survival. 8.7 x 3.9 inch.
Q: What is the main difference between QuickClot brand & Celox brand? A: Three main differences are...#1 - QuickClot will require wound debridement, Celox does not. #2 - QuickClot is exothermic which can cause additional damage, Celox is not. #3 - QuickClot does not work with hypothermic blood, Celox does!
- When mixed with blood, Celox forms a robust gel like clot in 30 seconds.
- Independent in vivo testing showed 100% success in achieving hemostasis & reduced blood loss compared to other treatments
- Tested in a model of casualty evacuation, achieving 100% successful transport without re-bleeding
- Coated gauze allows for controlled placement at the source of bleeding
- Proven to control arterial bleeding within minutes
- Works in hypothermic conditions
- Clots heparinized blood
- FDA cleared to work on anti-coagulated blood
- Generates no heat No chemical exothermic reaction (heat) therefore no burning
- Sterile, waterproof packaging
- Easy to irrigate from wound
- Applied using basic first aid skills
- Size: 6 gram
- NSN# 6510-01-623-9943
7 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Seems to be an excellent product. Very fast delivery.
As always fast shipping and quality products.
I live in war torn chicago and with the amount of shootings by criminals here i feel a little safer having this with me wherever i go. Not just for me but who may be with me or even a perfect stranger. I will be buying a trauma bag and more of these to go in that bag as well.
Stuff so much less invasive than quick clot much easier to clean
The wound for the E.R. docs all my guys carry them .
We are body armor dealers and carry gun shot and stab wound products for our customers.
This is a product I hope to never use but it is in my tactical vest (I am a police officer) along with a CAT, chest seal and Israeli military bandage just in case.
I was happy to find this item and hope that I never have to use it. I hunt a lot and things happen. Also with the changing political climate you never can tell what could take place. I want to be prepared for what ever happens.