Faretec CT-6 Military Traction Device Splint
Faretec CT-6 is a Leg Traction Splint designed for Pre Hospital Care and Patient transport. It is primarily used on patients with mid-line femur fractures. DOD Unique and field tested, offers corrosion resistance, temperature stability, superior yield strength and a superior strength-to-weight ratio. The CT-6 helps relieve patient pain and prevents further damage to surrounding muscle and tissue while reducing the risk of death caused from severed arteries. The CT-6 is made of carbon tubing which snaps together via an internal bungee. A Nexus buckle secures the Ischial strap to the upper leg and groin. These buckles prevent accidental releases and are commonly used by US military forces. Traction is achieved with a 4 to1 purchase system using a small line to apply tension. This method results in a very precise and delicate form or traction that is also powerful enough to be effective on extra large adults. The CT-6 is extremely compact, light and strong.
Designed to be carried in a trauma box, jump bag or first aid kit, this traction splint is especially practical for wilderness rescue, ski patrols, SWAT medics and military field medics. Insist on the best. Insist on the original Optimum Traction Device.
Faretec CT-6 Military Traction Device Splint Features:
- Color: Tactical Black
- Fits both Adult and Pediatric patients
- Carbon Fiber Tubing: Corrosion resistant, temperature stabile, extremely high strength to weight ratio, x- ray translucent
- 4:1 Purchase Traction System: makes it easy to apply ample traction for even the largest patient. The V- Jam cleat makes it easy to readjust traction, key in long transport situations. Includes safety clip to prevent accidental releases
- Instruction Manual: Splint comes with its own “quick reference” two sided instruction manual that is water proof and tear resistant
- Included: Camo-Molle compatible bag, labeled
- View Instructional Manual
- Light: Unit weighs 1.1 lbs (500 grams)
- Compact: Unit fits in small synch bag, 11" x 4" x 3"
- Strong: Carbon Fiber poles and injection molded plastics
- Effective: Four to one pulley system for efficient, easily adjustable traction
- Size: Adult & Pediatric