Skedco Oregon Spine Splint II Complete - Orange
Choice of the U.S. Army, this spinal immobilization/extrication device is the only device of it’s type that meets all of the established criteria for immobilizing a seated patient. An ideal companion for the Sked® Stretcher System, when properly used the OSS II provides for safe removal of patients from injury sites without doing further damage to the spine. The unique criss-crossing shoulder strap design provides superior immobilization without restricting breathing and, for clavical fractures, can be re-configured to retract and immobilize the shoulders. The OSS II is designed to provide easy access to the patient’s chest or abdominal area for treatment or diagnostic procedures. It can be used in place of a conventional short backboard and as a hip or leg splint. The OSS II includes a shoulder board not found in similar devices, which can be used to prevent compression of the shoulders when using a flexible stretcher.
The OSS II folds into an extremely small package and slips inside a rolled-up Sked® Stretcher in its backpack bag, adding no volume to the Sked Rescue System package. When used with the Sked® Stretcher the OSS II ensures critical spinal rigidity during transport, whether carried or lifted. Available in International Orange or Coyote Brown with matching color carring case.
Oregon Spine Splint II Complete Features:
- Wraparound design provides horizontal flexibility for easy application and vertical rigidity for maximum support of the spine, neck, and head during extrication
- Immobilizes the spine and the shoulders at the same time
- When used with a SKED stretcher, allows extrication from the smallest confined spaces where other devices cannot work
- X-ray lucent - patient can be x-rayed with the device in place
- Allows defibrillation, EKG monitoring, and all other pre-hospital diagnostic and treatment procedures without compromising immobilization
- Shoulder straps can criss-cross upper chest or be positioned to retract shoulders for clavicle fractures
- Made of better materials and outlasts competing products. Can be cleaned with common bleach solutions
- Color: Orange
- Made in USA
- Weight 10.4 lbs.
- NSN# 6530-01-265-3583
- Collar Strap
- Forehead restraint
- Dispos-A-Pads, package
- Shoulder board
- Head pads (set)
- Carrying case