SOF Tactical Tourniquet - Black
The SOF Tactical Tourniquet NSN# 6515-01-530-7015 is one of the top performing tourniquets currently available. It is the tourniquet of choice for many of the world's most elite and experienced warriors who have selected it for its outstanding ability to control severe bleeding, high level of reliability and ease of application. While some military units have replaced their issued tourniquets with the SOFTT, others military units have implemented SOP's stating that the SOF Tactical Tourniquet is to be used on all lower extremity bleeds. That means the SOFTT is the tourniquet trusted to control the most severe extremity hemorrhage on the battlefield.
The key to successful implementation of a device to be used in a high stress environment is training and ease of use. For law enforcement officers, application of the tourniquet is similar to the use of a hobble. This existing level of familiarity reduces training time and aids in the effectiveness of the device.
SOF Tactical Tourniquet Features:
- 100% Effective. Proven to be 100% effective during US Army Institute of Surgical Research testing
- Simple application. The SOFTT is applied the same to an arm or leg. Unlike other tourniquets that require you to learn two methods of application and implement the proper method when under stress, the SOFTT is applied the same way to an arm or leg. By accounting for the factors of human performance in combat, we have minimized the risk of failure. Applying a tourniquet should not be a multiple choice exam; It should be simple and straight forward. The SOF®TT provides the necessary effectiveness with an unmatched level of simplicity to increase the overall effectiveness of the device.
- Durability. The SOFTT is constructed of quality, high-strength materials. The tourniquet handle is machined from a solid piece of aircraft aluminum and maintains its strength in extreme temperatures. The tri-rings are molded Acetyl, a high impact plastic that will also maintain its strength in extreme operating conditions.
- Reliable. The SOF Tactical Tourniquet is designed to reduce the chance of accidental release or mechanical failure. Unlike other materials including Velcro®, the fastening system will perform when soiled, muddy, frozen, or wet.
- Lower-profile, lighter weight alloy components, providing the required strength and durability only metal can offer
- Single application method regardless of location.
- Safety set screw prevents accidental release of pressure during tactical patient movement. The screw is not required to gain hemorrhage control, but it is recommended if the patient will be moved in a tactical environment.
- Dual locking rings offer a back up locking system.
- Made in USA
- Color: Black
- NSN# 6515-01-530-7015
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very easy to use and well constructed. Easy to store or attach to web gear.PUIT
Well made ,easy to deploy and store ,tried on my arm & leg, seems a straight foward design, hope I never need to use them !