Ruth Lee Pool Rescue Training Manikin - Junior
The Pool Rescue Manikin is a revolutionary new product designed to innovate the way lifeguard training is conducted. This product brings together different elements of lifeguard training, allowing trainees to seamlessly practice different techniques without needing to switch between different equipment or live volunteers. We think that this lifeguard training manikin is the ideal tool for all leisure centres, swimming pools and clubs.
Designed specifically for lifeguard training and developed with assistance from the Royal Life Saving Society (RLSS) UK. It has been tested extensively by RLSS trained lifeguards and has been officially approved by the RLSS as a tool for lifeguards.
This manikin has been created to allow trainee lifeguards to learn all the skills required to safely retrieve a person from the pool. It is a lifeguard dummy which allows you to teach a variety of skills.
Watch more videos by clicking the green video tab above.
Ruth Lee Pool Rescue Training Manikin - Adult Features:
- Carefully designed and tested to create realistic buoyancy - it will sink, yet is buoyant enough to float when being towed. It will feel like an ‘unconscious’ person in the water.
- A more realistic challenge compared to using live volunteers who may try to subconsciously ‘assist’ the trainee.
- The use of a manikin can reduce the need to use volunteers in training scenarios, thereby avoiding potential injury and any embarrassment caused by close personal contact.
- Greatly improves performance - trainers can easily spot weaknesses such as slow towing, as the manikin’s legs will start to sink if a consistent speed is not maintained.
- Flexible arms, reinforced with strong webbing allow the arms to be raised aloft, letting lifeguards practice hauling the ‘victim’ from the water using correct lifting techniques.
- No need to switch from plastic dummy to real volunteer part way through training – this manikin can be fetched from the bottom of the pool, towed to the side and recovered from the water - promoting more realistic and more effective training, ultimately making lifeguards even better!
- Constructed using a reinforced Nylon mesh which allows water ingress, meaning the manikin will sink when placed in water.
- Mesh allows for ventilation and rapid draining when the manikin is retrieved from the water.
- Detailed care instructions will be provided with the manikin.
- The adult manikin is supplied with a mesh carry sheet which is recommended for storing the manikin and transportation.
- Manufacture Part# RLNPRJ
Constructed from the same flame retardant material used in Police ballistic/stab vests, offering 4x the strength and abrasion resistance of 16oz canvas or P.V.C. (conforms to OEKO-TEX Standard 100, BS EN ISO 12947-2 & 14116: 2008). High density polypropylene webbing (25mm rated to 207 Kg, 50mm rated to 440Kg). Buoyancy characteristics are achieved using closed cell foam and PVC pellets with s.g. 1.5.
- Length: 3' ft. 9" in.
- Weight: 35.27 lbs (16kg)
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
What Lifeguards Think about the Pool Rescue Manikin - TESTIMONIALS
Lifeguards tell us what they think about training with the Poo...
Ruth Lee Ltd Pool Rescue manikin - Available World-wide through a network of Distributors
The Ruth Lee Ltd Pool Rescue manikin will transform the way yo...
The Ruth Lee Pool Rescue Manikin - A Innovative New Tool For Lifeguard Training
Designed by Europe's leading manufacturer of rescue training m...