GEN2 Ruth Lee MK2 Oscar Man Overboard Water Rescue Manikins
Built to the same tough construction standard as the General Use Manikin, the Man Overboard Water Rescue Manikin is built to simulate an unconscious victim in the water, floating at an angle of 45 degrees with just the head and shoulders above the water. It can be made to Float Horizontally by simply removing the 6 foam pieces from the front chest of the overall and add three pieces to the pockets on each leg. The secret to the performance of this manikin is the balance between the weighting and the buoyancy - the tough Nylon mesh carcass allows the water to penetrate rapidly and after a few minutes the legs will drop below the surface, resting at an angle of about 45 degrees with just the head and shoulders visible above the surface. It will take seconds to swap between a horizontally floating manikin and the standard position.
The head is color-coded with a Red face. Strong plastic strips in the manikin run from the shoulders to the knee. The strips maintain overall flexibility but don't allow the manikin to bend in half to aid with training with stretchers. The outer carcass is constructed of heavy duty open mesh reinforced with webbing. Non-absorbent closed cell foam - water absorption : 1 Day < 0.1 (DIN 53428 1986) 28 Days < 0.5% VOL.
Watch more videos by clicking the green video tab above.
GEN2 Ruth Lee MK2 Oscar Man Overboard Water Rescue Manikin Features:
- This model can float horizontally or vertically to simulate a live person or dead body - it takes seconds to move the foam pieces in the overalls to achieve this.
- A loop to the back allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- Bright orange overalls and SOLAS reflective tape on the head make the manikins very conspicuous in open water.
- Polypropylene strips allow flexibility in and out of the water but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices like a Jason's Cradle.
- Now has a Polypropylene strip extending from the back up through the neck and into the head to add additional support to the neck
- Protective overalls and boots are user-replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
|Part#||Size||Weight||Height||NSN Number||Mfg Part#|
|2395015005||Infant||11 lbs (5 kg)||2' 3"||RLNW5MO|
|2395015010||Toddler||17.5 lbs (8 kg)||2' 10"||RLNW8MO|
|2395015020||Youth||44 lbs (20 kg)||4' 3"||RLNW20MO|
|2395015040||Adult||88 lbs (40 kg)||5' 11"||6910-99-1519652||RLNWMO|