GEN2 Ruth Lee Dive Rescue/Body Recovery Training Manikin - 110 lbs.
A pre-established protocol is essential for victim retrieval - the body recovery manikin was predominately designed to aid Police dive teams train to recover bodies from any inland waters or under ice.
The manikin is a variant of the popular Water Rescue manikin - but instead of floating, it sinks. By balancing the buoyancy against the ballast the manikin weighs 110 lbs on land but only 22 lbs under water.
The body recovery models are visible to sonar devices - the gallery image was taken using a Cmax CM2 Side Scan and Konsberg Sector Scan Sona.
GEN2 Ruth Lee Dive Rescue/Body Recovery Training Manikin Features:
- Size Adult
- Anatomically correct weight distribution allows for realistic body 'bagging' as part of training exercises.
- This manikin will easily withstand a fall of 5 - 6 metres into water with no damage - they are tough!
- Constructed using a H/D reinforced Nylon mesh for the carcass and non-absorbent closed cell foam for buoyancy - mesh allows water to flood into the body to allow it to sink and out as it is being recovered.
- Mesh allows for ventilation when the manikin hung up to dry - a polypropylene loop to the back of the carcass allows the manikin to be lowered into position or hung up to dry.
- The addition of a realistic face and a wig enable easier, quicker identification of the body in poor visibility when the search is by touch only.
- Polyethylene strips running from the shoulders to the knees allow flexibility but prevent the manikin from bending in half when using stretchers or recovery devices.
- Replaceable coveralls and boots are easily replaceable and greatly extend the life of the manikin
- Height: 5' 11"
- Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)