GEN2 Ruth Lee Bariatric Training Manikins - Adult
Obesity is a very real problem in the US and across the world and judging by government figures and anecdotal evidence, the problem is rapidly getting worse. The need for heavyweight manikins has never been greater.
All sectors as well as Fire & Rescue, Hospitals, Ambulance can experience heavier casualties:
Airlines accommodate increasingly heavy passengers - we lent an RL180 to Airbus in Broughton, UK for a multi-agency exercise and Nicole (as she was called!) brought the exercise to a standstill! It took the combined teams 15 minutes to formulate a plan of how to remove her from the training fuselage!
Shipping: Cruise Ships could have many obese/bariatric passengers on board, would your staff know how to deal with passengers of these weights?
Prisons: do your officers have sufficient training to be able to move prisoners weighing more than 286 lbs if an incident arose?
Care Homes: not all situations will require the emergency services, could your staff manage? An obese dummy might help your staff to avoid injury through poor patient handling skills.
GEN2 Ruth Lee Bariatric Training Manikin Features:
- Constructed in waterproof Polyester: conforms to BS EN ISO 6330), OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 and ISO 17050-1 - the new material is tough, safe to handle and easy to clean.
- Anatomically correct weight distribution gives the 'feel' of an unconscious person, helping to improve pre-hospital clinical care.
- Strong enough to be buried under concrete or steel lintels with no damage; placed in or under vehicles; - these manikins are tough enough for all training exercises!
- Ruth Lee has worked very hard to achieve a 'fluidity of movement' with the weight rather than just producing a heavy 'lump', so these manikins are very realistic to work with.
- They are designed for a team of at least 4-6 people to rescue and are supplied complete with a carrying sheet to assist in carrying and positioning the manikin.
- The carry sheet has a safe working load of up to 1,322 lbs (600kg) - LOLER certified.
- The neck provides the ability to fit an immobilisation/extrication collar if required - to promote proper casualty care.
- The 198 pound (90 kg) Manikin is useful where a lighter weight is required without forfeiting the bulk of the bariatric dummy.
|Part#||Size||Weight||Height||NSN Number||Mfg Part#|
|2395015005||Small Bariatric||198 lbs (90 kg)||5' 11"||RLN90B|
|2395015010||Medium Bariatric||400 lbs (180 kg)||5' 11"||RLN180|
|2395015020||Large Bariatric||575 lbs (260 kg)||5' 11"||RLN260|