Built to last, the NFPA 3" Double Rescue Pulley replaces the double bend side plates found on most pulleys and replaces it with a continuous radius bend. The bend prevents "un-springing" of sideplates found in traditional double bend side plates, also the pulleys feature weight reducing holes in the side plates. This pulley accommodates ropes of 5/8" in diameter. Between bushings and bearing, the friction difference is minimal, loads that are greater then 5,000 lbf. will let you start to see difference in friction. The bearing race can be dented by the ball bearings, also sealed in bearings can become dirty with grit and seize. Stronger then bearings, the Oil Impregnated bronze bushings has a constant interface between the shaft, bushing, and pulley sheave. Bronze bushing is of a soft material that conforms to the contaminant. This pulley is great for technical rescues that include tower and water rescue situations.
- Rope Compatibility: 5/8" in.
- Strength: 15,737 lbf. (70 kN)
- WLL: 1574 lbs. (7 kN)
- Pulley Tread DIA: 2.5" in. (63.5 mm)
- Available: Bushing, Bearing
- Meets NFPA 1983/ANSI/OSHA strength specifications
- Color: Red, Black
- Length: 7.5" in. (190.5 mm)
- Width: 4.15" in. (105.41 mm)
- Hight: 2.25" in. (57.15 mm)
- Weight: 28 oz. (794 g)