CELOX First Aid Temporary Traumatic Wound Treatment 35g is easy to use (just pour, pack and apply pressure), very safe and extremely effective. When mixed with blood, Celox™ forms a robust gel plug in 30 seconds. This clotting action is independent of the bodies normal clotting processes. Celox’s™ clotting ability has been proven to work in the presence of common anti-coagulants. In tests on swine by the U.S. Navy in Jacksonville, Celox™ was the only product to have 100% survival.
Q: What is the main difference between QuickClot brand & Celox brand? A: Three main differences are...#1 - QuickClot will require wound debridement, Celox does not. #2 - QuickClot is exothermic which can cause additional damage, Celox is not. #3 - QuickClot does not work with hypothermic blood, Celox does!
- Clots blood in 30 seconds
- Works on blood containing anticoagulants
- Independent in vivo testing showed 100% success in achieving hemostasis & reduced blood loss compared to other treatments
- Sterile, waterproof, easy-open packaging for single dose
- Works in hypothermic conditions
- Generates no heat No chemical exothermic reaction (heat) therefore no burning
- Applied using basic first aid skills
- (1) 35 gram pack
Celox Technology has been shown to:
- Save lives
- Reliably stop arterial bleeding**
- Significantly reduce blood loss**
- Clot blood containing anticoagulants*
- Quickly clot hypothermic (cold) blood*
* Details of these tests are available at: www.celoxmedical.com
** Journal Academic Emergency Medicine Jan 08, Pages 74-81
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I think the triangular celox bandage is good also.